Wednesday 23 September 2009

Admit It (At Least To Yourself)

It may sound obvious after you see it, but you have to be honest with yourself, before you can be honest with others.

I've never understood the need for people to lie to themselves. It must make for a bewildering life. Have you ever taken one of those psycometric tests? The one thing that stands out for me is that I have a very accurate self image. I suppose from this point of view, my lack of understanding about lieing to oneself is understandable?

I think we should be encouraged to be honest with ourselves. First step on the road to enlightenment, eh?

2 comments:

mrbaldwin said...

It's like in AA, "Hi my name is mrbaldwin and I like a woman to be a bitch to me."

But wait, those guys want to quit drinking. I don't think anyone here is trying to give up our sweet torments.

ptathuk said...

Hello mrbaldwin, and welcome to CA. I'd like to confirm that here at CA we don't want to give up anything. In fact we want more of the same. Admitting this is the first step to getting it. Isn't that right, everyone?

Yeah!
Absolutely!
Oh, yes.

So, who's next? Anyone want to admit it?

Maybe next week. Thank you all for coming - or not! Your preference. See you all soon.

ptathuk